I still have a huge amount of organizing to do but the painting is done! I knew if I didn't paint before red clay started to fly I would never do it. And now the walls are scrubable.
This is the same color I used in my studio in Charlottesville. And while I only had enough for three walls I kind of like the look. I am still thinking about what I want to do to the back wall, luckily it will be easy to access when I do decide.
The door goes to the tiny kiln shed, that was supposed to be a garden shed. Hence the mower in the middle of the floor. We are paying someone to mow this year so at least it won't be stinky and grassy. There WILL be a garden shed of some sort next year.
My next steps are to put up open shelving over the canvas covered counter in the back for chemicals. Put together another metal shelf for next to the kiln door (unless I find a cheap cabinet with a countertop easy to clean after mixing glaze chemicals....) And to install more of those metal strips for green ware shelves. Neither of these pictures show it but I do have one of those massive rolling shelves from Costco. It works great for green and bisque ware.
Hm. I need to put up shelving in the kiln shed for kiln furniture and shelves too....
I'm also contemplating a plan for easier glazing. But that won't stop me from getting my hands dirty!